Re: TCS M1 Decoder problem

  • Bill Chown
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 3, 2008
      Chris,

      In addition to the Single CV programmer, you can access CV 64 through
      the Comprhensive Programmer (normal) view.
      There are actually 4 TCS M1 definition files there.

      This issue of duplicate definitions is being worked on.

      The CV 64 settings are in the M1 that you can find under TCS X w/BEMF
      group.

      On the Lights pane it is the 3rd entry, "Dimming Brightness"

      Bill

      --- In sprog-dcc@..., pdsteam@... wrote:

      > Chris,
      > You can program a single CV value by using the "Tools" "Programmers"
      > "Single CV Programmer" from the DecoderPro main menu. That way you
      can see the
      > changes and not have to use the Lenz Compact.
      > PeteC
      >

      > In a message dated 7/3/2008 2:52:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > borg2657-1@... writes:
      >
      > Hi Barry
      >
      > Yes I read up on CV64 although not sure what I should put in it to
      get what
      > I want. I am using JMRI and it does not have CV64 in the CV Tab,
      so it will
      > be back to the hard way of doing things with my Lenz Compact. :-(
      In JMRI I

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hi Bill

        A big thank you I was using the wrong decoder file!

        When I did "Read type from decoder" it choose
        Train Control Systems / TCS Mx series decoders / M1
        Not
        Train Control Systems / TCS X w/BEMF / M1

        Which is why I could not find CV64.

        The light is now dimmed and I also have some other settings to play with.

        Thanks again

        Chris