Frightfest Glasgow

  • Al
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
      1 days worth of horror movies for £20 and it is this Saturday.
      17/02/07 Sorry for the short notice but there you are. I am going it
      is at the GFT in Rose street in Glasgow. I am going with my brother.
    • Philip Ashton
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
        --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "Al" <alistairc_2000@...>
        wrote:

        > 1 days worth of horror movies for £20 and it is this Saturday.
        > 17/02/07 Sorry for the short notice but there you are. I am going it
        > is at the GFT in Rose street in Glasgow. I am going with my brother.

        Won't be there mate as I'm working this weekend. Last year's event was
        pretty good so hope you enjoy it.
      • Philip Ashton
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
            1.45 p.m. THE TRIPPER
            Excellent movie which was the highlight of the day... imagine a
            slasher movie where the slasher is Ronald Reagan. awesomely funny
            10/10

            Directed by David Arquette.
            Starring David Arquette, Courtney Cox, Jamie King, Balthazar Getty,
            and Thomas Jane. USA, 2006, 100 min.

            4.00 p.m. S&Man (Sandman)

            The shockumentary was a dud of massive proportions and was soooo
            boring 0/10.

            6.30 p.m. THE MESSENGERS

            This was a weak predictable ghost story but it was well made. 6/10

            9.00 p.m. TURISTAS

            This is going to be renamed Paradise Lost I think they should call it
            return to the beach as it is a complete ripp of Alex Garland's book.
            It was okay to good not an essential watch but good in a bone headed
            way. 6/10

            11.30 p.m. MOTEL HELL

            Simply awesome old classic. 10/10

            A great day was had by all in Glasgow.... roll on Dead by dawn.
          • Philip Ashton
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
              --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "Al"
              <alistairc_2000@...> wrote:

              > 1.45 p.m. THE TRIPPER
              > Excellent movie which was the highlight of the day... imagine a
              > slasher movie where the slasher is Ronald Reagan. awesomely funny
              > 10/10
              >

              > Directed by David Arquette.
              > Starring David Arquette, Courtney Cox, Jamie King, Balthazar
              Getty,
              > and Thomas Jane. USA, 2006, 100 min.
              >

              > 4.00 p.m. S&Man (Sandman)
              >
              > The shockumentary was a dud of massive proportions and was soooo
              > boring 0/10.
              >

              > 6.30 p.m. THE MESSENGERS
              >
              > This was a weak predictable ghost story but it was well made. 6/10
              >

              > 9.00 p.m. TURISTAS
              >
              > This is going to be renamed Paradise Lost I think they should call
              it
              > return to the beach as it is a complete ripp of Alex Garland's
              book.
              > It was okay to good not an essential watch but good in a bone
              headed
              > way. 6/10
              >

              > 11.30 p.m. MOTEL HELL
              >
              > Simply awesome old classic. 10/10
              >
              > A great day was had by all in Glasgow.... roll on Dead by dawn.

              Hey, sounded like a good day, well maybe I'll be there next year as
              I think they're turning it into an annual event. Meanwhile not long
              to DBD now...
            • Philip Ashton
              Message 6 of 13 , May 10, 2008
                wrote:

                > 1.45 p.m. THE TRIPPER
                > Excellent movie which was the highlight of the day... imagine a
                > slasher movie where the slasher is Ronald Reagan. awesomely funny
                > 10/10
                >

                > Directed by David Arquette.
                > Starring David Arquette, Courtney Cox, Jamie King, Balthazar Getty,
                > and Thomas Jane. USA, 2006, 100 min.

                Well it took me long enough but I finally caught up with this movie on
                DVD last week. A great idea and mainly successful mix of political
                satire, comedy and horror. Really good fun 9/10.
              • scrofulous_peasant
                Message 7 of 13 , 24 Jan 05:49
                  Anyone going this year? Looks like a really excellent line-up.

                  http://www.glasgowfilmfestival.org.uk/frightfest

                  See you there maybe?

                  Phil
                • alistairc_2000@yahoo.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2010
                    I did not have the wonga to go to this. I looked good ...

                    --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "scrofulous_peasant" <scrofulous@...> wrote:

                    > Anyone going this year? Looks like a really excellent line-up.
                    >
                    > http://www.glasgowfilmfestival.org.uk/frightfest
                    >

                    > See you there maybe?
                    >
                    > Phil

                  • scrofulous_peasant
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
                      --- In therealhorrorclub@..., alistairc_2000@... wrote:

                      > I did not have the wonga to go to this. I looked good ...
                      >
                      > --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "scrofulous_peasant" <scrofulous@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Anyone going this year? Looks like a really excellent line-up.
                      > >
                      > > http://www.glasgowfilmfestival.org.uk/frightfest
                      > >

                      > > See you there maybe?
                      > >
                      > > Phil

                      Yeah it was worth the effort. Splice and REC 2 being the highlights for me. Only bad film was Amer, a pretentious arthouse take on the Giallo genre. Alan Jones was raving about it, but then he would.
                    • scrofulous_peasant
                      Message 10 of 13 , 20 Jan 08:27
                        Got my ticket today! Line up as follows:

                        Opening with the World Premiere of the eagerly awaited anthology LITTLE DEATHS mixing sex and shocks from the dark and disturbed minds of three bright UK talents – Sean Hogan, Simon Rumley and Andrew Parkinson – who will all be joining us for this special event.

                        We continue with the latest Korean masterpiece from Kim Ji-woon, the controversial serial killer sensation I SAW THE DEVIL premiering in all its uncut gory glory.

                        Our late Friday night treat is the unmissable documentary MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED! Have your notepads at the ready as you'll be gagging to see the films featured in this all out sex and violence celebration of Filipino genre movies from the NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD team.

                        Saturday sees us rolling out the killer killer tyre and exploding head Cannes sensation RUBBER. We follow this with a trip into darker genre territory with the shocking TERRITORIES from the producer of THE HORDE.

                        Following these is the played strictly straight horror from the JACK BROOKS: MONSTER SLAYER creators as we enter THE SHRINE. Rebecca De Mornay will then have us shrieking in our seats with the remixed remake of MOTHER'S DAY from Darren Lynn Bousman.

                        Bringing the house down fresh from its Sundance premiere will be the Grindhouse inspired bloody explosion of HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN with Rutger Hauer on his raucous rampage.

                        See you there (?)
                      • Ally C the 1st
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                          I doing really fancy it this year but I will be at Dead by Dawn
                          --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "scrofulous_peasant" <scrofulous@...> wrote:

                          > Anyone going this year? Looks like a really excellent line-up.
                          >
                          > http://www.glasgowfilmfestival.org.uk/frightfest
                          >

                          > See you there maybe?
                          >
                          > Phil

                        • darklord1899
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 26, 2012
                            I went to this one and it was quite good. The only problem with fright fest is that they are still showing no genre movies and claiming that they have some horror element to them.
                            Crawl is a great thriller in the tradition of No country for old men. It was a good movie but it was not a horror movie.
                            Tape 407 looked like it was shot on vhs, it was truly a feeble attempt at a shockumentary.
                            Good movies were War of the Dead, The raid and Cassaga.
                            Unlike Dead by Dawn you never know what you are going to get at a FF. Would I go to another one.... the jury is out on that one....
                          • scrofulous_peasant
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 27, 2012
                              --- In therealhorrorclub@..., "darklord1899" <darklord1899@...> wrote:

                              > I went to this one and it was quite good. The only problem with fright fest is that they are still showing no genre movies and claiming that they have some horror element to them.
                              > Crawl is a great thriller in the tradition of No country for old men. It was a good movie but it was not a horror movie.
                              > Tape 407 looked like it was shot on vhs, it was truly a feeble attempt at a shockumentary.
                              > Good movies were War of the Dead, The raid and Cassaga.
                              > Unlike Dead by Dawn you never know what you are going to get at a FF. Would I go to another one.... the jury is out on that one....

                              Didn/t go this year but I will be at Dead By Dawn which looks like being a cracking line-up this year. Get excited!