Dead By Dawn

  • scrofulous_peasant
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2014

      For anyone who missed the fest this year (why?) here's some info from Adele plus links:

      Hi

      Thanks so much to every one of you who made our 21st edition such an amazing festival.  I hope you all had a good journey home and got to spend a day or two laid out in the recovery position, with a beer drip and a stack of classic movies to help ease the withdrawal!

      As we announced on Sunday night, the winner of our Audience Award for Best Animation goes to Edson Oda's sublime MALARIA
      See his official site - and the movie - here: www.edsonoda.com/malaria/

      And I'm thrilled to announce that our Audience Award for Best Short goes to Cody Blue Snider for his hilarious Fool's Day.
      The film's official site is here: www.foolsdaymovie.com
      and FB page is here: www.facebook.com/pages/Cody- Blue-Snider/222371454477248

      We'd also like to make really special mention of Jeff Ray and his exquisite Where the Red Fox Lies, which came in just one vote behind Fool's Day!
      You can check out their FB page here: www.facebook.com/ WhereTheRedFoxLies

      And after a simply amazing screening, it's a huge pleasure to announce that the Audience Award for Best Feature at Dead by Dawn 2014 goes to Gerard Johnstone's hilarious, creepy HOUSEBOUND
      The FB page is here: www.facebook.com/ houseboundthemovie

      We'd also like to take a minute to send some love to Stuart Simpson's CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA which took the second biggest share of the voting.  The official site is here: www.lostartfilms.com

      Congratulations to all our winners who'll soon be getting one of our gorgeous chainsaw statuettes in the mail!

      Cheers

      Adele
      -----
      Adele Hartley, Festival Director
      Dead by Dawn, Scotland's International Horror Film Festival
      www.deadbydawn.co.uk
      FB: www.facebook.com/ DeadByDawnHorrorFestival
      Twitter: @deadbydawnfest