Replace symbol doesn't update parameter val?

  • benradu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      I am using the latest beta, build # 248
      I noticed this problem:
      Right click on a symbol and the "Replace symbol"
      No mater if "Cary over attributes that were defined in the library"
      is checked or not, the attributes (properties) values doesn't get updated.
      To reproduce this:
      place a 16F876 and then rplace it with 16F628
      The symbol will be replaced but the name will remain 16F876.
      Thanks!
    • Dave Sims
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
        I too have found the Replace Symbol function to be erratic in the latest updates.
        Sometimes everything is OK, sometimes just one symbol is replaced when replace all has been selected and sometimes nothing seems to happen at all.
        Exiting the drawing and re-loading it always clears the problem for me.
        When I have finished my current project I am going to see if I can find a pattern of behaviour to pass on to Don and his crew.
        (Is it the new style libraries, I wonder?).
        Dave