Re: Unconnected Pins

  • andrwpodm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2005
      I had notived the direction of the pins before and I made sure that
      they were all the right way round. It seemed to be more of a grid
      setting or other. They just wouldn't line up with other components
      when I placed the part. I have now got rid of the part and used a
      standard Optocoupler from the libray and everything is AOK.

      I am using this wonder program in conjunction with VCad Stripboard
      Layout, which I find is truely amazing (for its size). I gave up on
      trying to create PCB's after my Laser Printer went the way of the
      Dinasours, so I reverted back to Stripbord, which I do prefer.

      I only been using them both for about a week solid, and I have almost
      complete my circuit boards for my Computer Controlled Telescope Drive
      which is based on Mel Bartell's system, which can be found here
      http://www.bbastrodesigns.com/cot/cot.html (incase anybody was
      interested in it also).

      Keep up the good work Matt.

      Andy

      --- In tinycad@..., Antony Kidd <adjkidd@t...> wrote:
      > Hi Andy,
      >
      > When I started out I had trouble getting the wires to stick to my
      pins,
      > it turned out that my pins were the wrong way round on my parts.
      The pin
      > name wasn't shown, just the number, and the end of the pin that is
      > supposed to connect to the wire was at the wrong side. Easy mistake
      > make, if in doubt I now check my parts my making the name visible
      and
      > typing in the name field to see which end is which.
      >
      > Again let me thank Matt for his great work, at home I use it with
      > FreePCB - an excellent match.
      >
      > All the best.
      > Tony
      >
      > Tony Kidd
      >
      > andrwpodm wrote:
      >
      > >Hi Matt
      > >
      > >Thanks for your quick reply, but I have managed to sort it out
      > >myself. It seems that the symbol I created for a 4N26 Optocoupler
      > >kept screwing up my designs for some reason, although I couldn't
      see
      > >why. The wires just wouldn't stay connected, but if I moved the
      > >symbol around, the wires would stay connected and stretch with it.
      So
      > >I just used the symbol in the Discrete Library, and slightly
      modified
      > >it, by getting rid of pin 6.
      > >
      > >I am using version 2.50.10 and Windows 98.
      > >
      > >I have also found, that if I do too many actions quickly, ie
      Deleting

      [mailto:tinycad@...]