Re: PACKAGE ATTRIBUTES

  • a10d0n
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
      'Links/FAQ' Q1.

      "Change 'Other' to 'Package' and '...' to the name of the footprint for that symbol to use in the layout. You also have the option whether to display it or not."

      Look in your layout program libraries.

      Phil

      --- In tinycad@..., "steve.lynn32" <steve.lynn32@...> wrote:

      > Please, please can someone answer a simple question with a simple reply,
      > I know HOW to insert the package attribute to TinyCad, what I don't know is,where do I get the number from,in the example here;....... fill in the name of the package that is being used, like:
      > 'Package Yes DIP16'
      > Where did the DIP16 info come from?
      > thanks in frustration
      > Steve

    • dsimsj
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
        DIP16 will be the name of the package outline in your PCB or Stripboard
        layout program parts library.
        What you are doing is associating the electrical part on the schematic
        with the physical part on the PCB when you specify the package in
        TinyCad.
        The link between the two programs is the netlist that TinyCad produces.
        The netlist "tells" the layout program what the connections are between
        the various components and what package outlines are needed to achieve
        the layout.

        Hope that helps.
        Dave

        wrote:

        > Please, please can someone answer a simple question with a simple
        reply,
        > I know HOW to insert the package attribute to TinyCad, what I don't
        know is,where do I get the number from,in the example here;....... fill
        in the name of the package that is being used, like:
        > 'Package Yes DIP16'
        > Where did the DIP16 info come from?
        > thanks in frustration
        > Steve

      • Hamilton Elliott
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
          Hi Steve,
          You can put in whatever you like, as long as the program that you are using
          for pcb design knows what it is.
          If you intend using a DIP package chip and your pcb design program thinks
          that it is a surface mount SOIC, then things won't work as expected.

          Have a look at this website for the different types. There is also a page on
          transistor types too.

          http://www.siliconfareast.com/ic-package-types.htm

          Regards,
          Hamilton