Re: Congrads Alex,

  • templetonas
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2012
      Well, whaddya know. I wonder which revision they reviewed; some early revs had a few dreadful mistakes.

      I'll ask ABJ for a gratis pdf of the review page(s) and upload 'em here if they okay it; otherwise, permission for scan and posting. Unlike many print mags, ABJ maintain a separate revenue stream for .pdfs, even for print subscribers.

      /Alex Templeton
      Beekeeping for Poets
      @Smashwords, Apple Books, Sony, Kobo, diesel-ebooks, and B&N

      --- In warrebeekeeping@..., "David Heaf" <david@...> wrote:

      > Ernie wrote: "Alex, Your book, "Beekeeping for Poets" got a great review
      > in American Bee Journal May 2012, page 545-546."
      >
      > I sent one to 'Bee Culture' weeks ago but have not heard a peep from them.
      >
      > If anyone has a scan of the review of Alex's book, I'd be interested to read
      > it.
    • templetonas
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2012
        The ABJ "review" is simply a cut 'n' paste of the blurb I myself wrote for the smashwords listing.

        Thumper's Mama: "What did your father tell you this morning?
        Thumper: "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all"

        Sage advice since 1942 (at least) that the ABJ editor appears to follow. Still, the "review" might improve sales, so I'm not wholly disappointed or ungrateful.

        /AST