184693/10 We demand a Yes/NO Vote on demolitions! 6pm

  • Robert Allwood
    2 Oct

      Tuesday at 18:00–21:00
      Next Week · 8-16°Mostly Sunny

      Show map
      Haringey Civic Centre
      N22 9SB

      Lobby the Call-In meeting, Overview and Scrutiny Committee,
      Tuesday, 3rd October, 2017, at Haringey Civic Centre.

      We demand a Yes/NO vote on demolitions - which is now Labour Party policy!

      NO social cleansing!

      NO sale of the Love Lane estate to the developers Lendlease!

      Lendlease are an unsuitable partner, following their social cleansing activities at the Heygate estate, and at Northumberland Park and Wood Green via the proposed Haringey Development Vehicle.

      The High Road West demolition and redevelopment scheme reduces the number of council rented homes from 212 to 145.

      We oppose the additional 7 service charges that Love Lane tenants may have to pay at High Road West.

      The council is not supporting residents to exercise a proper and unfettered personal choice, to leave the estate or to stay, including exercising their agreed ‘Right of Return’ to a new council tenancy.

      Instead tenants are being "helped" to leave the estate for good.

      The council is planning a huge District Heating System to supply 8,000 new homes. Elsewhere, such schemes have brought monopoly provider power, high resident costs, hundreds of complaints, and a lack of resident choice.

      There should be a decisive Yes/No residents’ ballot vote on the proposals. This is now national Labour Party policy, following the unanimously-supported housing motion proposed by Tottenham Labour Party, and fully endorsed by Jeremy Corbyn in his leader’s speech at the 2017 Labour Party Conference.

      https://www.facebook.com/events/346959225728702/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22ref_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%2217%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D