Weekend Wordsurfing

  • Will McCulloch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2003
      Weekend Wordsurfing - 26.10.2003.

      First of all, thanks Steve for joining the discussion group. I hope
      that some others will join us soon!

      Personally, I'd like contributions to focus exclusively on
      vocabulary development strategies and their relationship to overall
      language learning efficiency and enjoyment – but the actual topics
      introduced will be determined by individual members rather than by
      myself. The forum is simply a common ground that is both open and
      uncensored, with people able to communicate with each other in their
      own individual way. This somehow reflects a "Word Surfing" strategy
      that encourages learners to choose and develop those words which are
      personally most important to them – and then learn how to use them
      correctly in order to convey their intended messages to others.

      Hopefully, the "Word Surfing" site itself will continue
      to develop very much as a result of any constructive suggestions
      posted here....so please feel free to point out any perceived
      weaknesses - or recommend any improvements.

      Finally, I plan to visit this forum at weekends to have a look at
      any new contributions – and possibly make one myself.

      Thanks again, Steve - and best wishes

      Will